- 205 - Demonstrate safe cutting procedures.
- 303 - Create line art.
- 306 - Produce color illustrations using various media.
- 402 - Apply appropriate color schemes to generate design solutions.
- 505 - Demonstrate basic use of a vector-based drawing program (e.g. Illustrator).
- 506 - Demonstrate intermediate use of a vector-based drawing program (e.g. Illustrator).
- 704 - Choose and apply appropriate typeface.
On the other front, we will continue to pick up Illustrator skills to incorporate into our accordion book. The designs that I've seen look strong but I'd like to see you use some of the strategies that are shown in the videos we've used so far.
This week we will be concentrating on making patterns and repeating motifs in Adobe Illustrator. See the videos below for step-by-step directions. The first video introduces the pattern palette and demonstrates a great way to make a background for a page. The second uses the blend tool and offers some new ways to work with this tool that we have not done before.