- 303 - Create line art.
- 305 - Draw from direct observation.
- 801 - Operate digital camera and accessories.
- 507 - Demonstrate basic use of image editing software (e.g. Photoshop).
- 511 - Demonstrate appropriate use of different file formats.
- 512 - Organize and manage digital files.
Projects this week:
- Portrait Retouching - both AM & PM Portrait Retouching teams will be working on student portraits this week. This checklist will show you the operations order you will need to work, and for video tutorials on each step of the process.
- Logo Design Project - Soul & Sky Logo Competition
- Poster Design - Vans Poster Design - Students are challenged to create a design or print that best exemplifies technology in design on a supplied 11x14 sheet of paper. This can be done digitally or with analog media (paint, markers, pens)
Files for this week:
Welcome to the third quarter. Over the next seven weeks we're charged with creating this year's 2017 Shield. The book this year is a challenge because of the construction zone that our school has become.
We will need to be very creative in meeting that challenge and I'm looking forward to hearing and seeing your ideas for this keepsake edition. We will need everyone working on this in some capacity. Taking pictures in the CTE areas, doing interviews with senior students and staff members, laying out pages in InDesign and generally stepping up to fill needs is going to be everyone's job over this quarter. This is a very important year in the history of this school and we need to document the exciting changes happening at our campus.
Portrait Retouching Playlist: