505 - Demonstrate basic use of a vector-based drawing program (e.g. Illustrator).
507 - Demonstrate basic use of image editing software (e.g. Photoshop).
801 - Operate digital camera and accessories.
803 - Demonstrate use of lighting.
Download these Files for this week's lab and projects:
- Photoshop: Color a black and white image
- Photoshop: 50 Layers/4 Canvases
- Illustrator: Conquering the Pen Tool
- Illustrator: Deco House
Key Concepts for this week:
- Photoshop: Working with Layers, Layer Blending Modes, Working with Brushes, making new canvas and saving, using different brushes, selection tools, cut/paste, layers, adjustments, and filters
- Illustrator: Creating basic geometric shapes, constraining angles, curves, anchor points, converting anchor points, rotating shapes around a 360° circle, live painting in Illustrator
- Math Tie In: to figure out rotation angles, divide 360 by the number of items you wish to have going around the circle. Decimals are going to count!
Projects for this week:
- 50 Layers/4 Canvases
- Illustrator Challenge this week: Mandalas - a geometric figure representing the universe in Hindu and Buddhist symbolism. Follow the videos below and see what you can create using these techniques. You will probably need to work on the Conquering the Pen Tool exercises to be successful with this project.
- Student ID Pictures will continue to be taken this week
- Printing GraphComm uniforms throughout the week.