This site will be how I communicate with all of you as a group.
Create a bookmark for this page. You should be visiting this site at least twice a week. I will share files, videos, links to great sites and I will list what you should be working on while you're in the CommArt lab. Anything highlighted in blue is a clickable, linked resource. Take some time to look over the following sections of this site:
- Shield Calendar - dates for yearbook deadlines
- Knowledge Base Sections - technical terms, videos and links to learning everything a graphic artist should know!
- Home Page - it's where you are now. This is set up like a blog. Newest posts on top.
Lab Procedures - I have a few simple guidelines for working in our lab:
- Be on time with your uniform on.
- Be ready to work.
- Treat each other with care and respect.
- Treat our equipment like you own it.
- Let yourself fail fantastically!
- Document your work through your portfolio. Save Everything!
What's new in our lab this fall? Below is a list of some new equipment/features that we've added over the summer:
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Our license now allows you to download the apps to a home computer or laptop for as long as you're enrolled in our program. You will be using your student gmail credentials to access the software both here in our lab and any remote location.
- Photography area:
- We've upgraded our portrait lights substantially. We no longer are relying on batteries to power our main lights in the portrait studio.
- New blue backdrop for this year's portraits.
- We've been given a PIxelstick for video and amazing light painting techniques. (See samples in slideshow above.)
- Two additional 50mm prime lenses have been purchased for our cameras.
- Cyanotype Materials - this will be a project that we work on this year. (see samples above)
- Art Supplies: Charcoal and Conte Crayons, new artist papers and illustration boards, new markers, pens, and drawing supplies.
- Lab: Promethean Active Panel - we'll be using this projector replacement every day!
201 - Operate equipment incorporating ergonomics.
502 - Identify the properties of vector and raster images.
507 - Utilize basic functions of a raster-based image editing software.
509 - Utilize use of input, output and storage devices.
510 - Utilize different file formats correctly.
511 - Organize and manage digital files.
Project Work this week:
My Passions Collage-using Adobe Photoshop's ability to work with photos and words, tell me who you are by creating a collage that represents you and what you passionately care about. Veteran students might want to repurpose older works into this project. Let me know if you need help getting images from your phone to your computer.
- Yearbook Cover Design
- Portrait Test Work with new lighting
- Develop prototype pages for CTE area pages.