- 507 - Demonstrate basic use of image editing software.
- 508 - Demonstrate intermediate use of image editing software.
- 510 - Demonstrate appropriate use of different file formats.
- 511 - Organize and manage digital files.
Knowledge Based Study - this will tie into the projects we are working on this week.
This week we are going to need to all pitch in and help with the task of extracting our seniors from the backgrounds they were photographed in. Our end goal is to have a two page spread for this year's yearbook that shows our seniors celebrating their upcoming graduation. Below is a rough compilation.
For this project we'll be learning techniques for colorizing images using Adobe Photoshop. Marina Amaral is a young artist from South America who has taken this project to amazing levels. She has been hired by many museums and publications to add color to historical images. Here is what she thinks is important about her line of work:
“Coloring black and white photos is an art that requires a deep work of research, analysis of each object to make it be as realistic as possible, historical knowledge and enough respect to value and preserve every detail in each story. It is a complex process able to transport us to anywhere. ”
- how color was used in the past
- how to make selections in Photoshop to keep the color where it needs to go
- how layers and blending modes work in Adobe Photoshop.