505 - Demonstrate basic use of a vector-based drawing program (e.g. Illustrator).
507 - Demonstrate basic use of image editing software (e.g. Photoshop).
509 - Demonstrate use of input, output and storage devices.
801 - Operate digital camera and accessories.
803 - Demonstrate use of lighting.
Projects for this week:
- geometric shape portraits using Adobe Illustrator. This project will probably take over a week to complete for some students. See the video below for tips on how to approach this project and to see where this style of art began.
- all about me collage - we will be using both Illustrator and Photoshop to create this basic collage. The theme is you - what you are passionate about, what you like and where you come from. Feel free to be creative with this.
- student ID photos - students from other programs will be coming in throughout the week to have their pictures taken - both AM and PM.
Key Concepts in this project - what skills you need to take away from this project:
- Illustrator (used to create the grid) - pen tool, shape builder tool
- Photoshop magic wand tool (w), Copy (command-C) free transform (command-T), Paste Into, layer masks