This photo theme project is going to be a little bit different. You can work with a partner on this project if you'd like. Here are the steps for completing this project:
- Google-image search the term "famous photographers" and choose a photographer whose work you admire.
- Image-capture five to ten images of his/her work and create a slideshow (Powerpoint, iPhoto or Weebly page) that shows the work.
- Present your slide show to the class with your partner. If you can locate a video interview of the artist you might want to play that as well during your presentation.
- Lead a discussion about positives and negatives of the photographers' work. State what you like about the work and why.
- Choose one image that stands out to you and try to recreate the shot here on campus using our cameras. Submit your slide show and image to the project folder on Tucker's Resources.
Magazine Cover - Using the portrait studio with lights, take a magazine cover photo of yourself or a classmate. We'll be using Photoshop to change the background. Download these mastheads to use for your title. Create the cover by placing teaser text, other images and a background color.
Art Exhibit Poster - Choose a famous artist (daVinci, Michaelangelo, or Caravaggio would work well.) The poster will be tabloid size and advertise a spring exhibit at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. You will need a dozen sample work images for your artist. A research source you could use is the Google Art Project.
The skills we'll be trying to develop this week include:
- Designing for bleed
- Placing Images into frames
- Scaling, Cropping and positioning images
- Linking Text frames
- Exporting as pdf and jpg