- 306 - Produce color illustrations using various media.
- 307 - Create value with the use of layering.
- 507 - Demonstrate basic use of image editing software.
- 510 - Demonstrate appropriate use of different file formats.
- 511 - Organize and manage digital files.
- 604 - Produce thumbnails, roughs and comprehensive.
We are going to start doing photo retouching for this year's yearbook in Lightroom. Lightroom will work for nearly 90% of our images. Lightroom is being used by most professional photographers for their post-production work these days. The file management strengths greatly outweigh those of Photoshop. The tools are simpler to use and won't take long to learn. The videos below show the basic process for dealing with most portrait images.
Halloween Mask Project
This year we're going to be creating/designing masks for Halloween. We have purchased a number of different mask designs that we can use. Your job is to do the following steps:
- Create a clear theme that you're going to use in your design.
- Create a flat mock-up in color on paper.
- Use very light pencil on the mask to plot out your design.
- Utilize acrylic paint, watercolors, pastels, color markers to finish your mask.
- If you desire, you can use Modpodge to add a protective coating to your mask. This will have a satin gloss finish.