- 503: Utilize basic functions of a page layout software (InDesign).
- 504: Utilize intermediate functions of a page layout software (InDesign).
- 505 Utilize a basic functions of a vector-based drawing program (Illustrator).
- 507: Utilize basic functions of a raster-based image editing software (Photoshop).
- 701: Identify the anatomy and classification of type.
- 702: Identify typographic styles.
- 703: Manipulate type through character and paragraph formatting.
- 704: Choose and apply appropriate typeface.
Welcome to the 2nd Quarter - it's a new beginning, but we'll be building on what you've learned so far. Over the next four to five weeks we are going to be working more with designing with type.
We are going to be creating a number of projects that will help you understand how important great design needs great control of type. It's another weapon a designer has to create a message.
We will be doing a series of small projects that will be asking you begin incorporating well-designed type in them. We will be using Illustrator, Photoshop and begin working in Adobe InDesign. These projects will include: