- Students will demonstrate ability to physically stabilize camera using both tripod, unipod and hand/body support methods.
- Students will demonstrate use of basic camera shooting modes (automatic, shutter priority, aperture priority), flash modes, and red eye reduction with 100% accuracy.
- Students will be able to effectively use natural or existing lighting to maximize image clarity and to activate a flash exposure if needed with 100% accuracy.
- Students will identify different features of Illustrator's workspace including menus, tools, tool options and palettes.
- Students will modify Illustrator's workspace using a variety of methods.
- Students will reset all tools and workspaces to the default settings.
- Students will change and reset the default stroke and fill colors
- Students will create/trace a simple drawing project using primary shape tools.
Objectives for Week 3:
Objectives for Week Two:
This week's media files:
Assessments for Week Two:
Objectives for Week One:
This week's Media Files:
This week's assessments for grade:
Welcome to the 2014-2015 school year at TCHS Pickering! I'm glad to be back at work to help you reach your career goals. I'm looking forward to getting to know our new students and growing the potential of all of our students to do great things.
I appreciate your feedback - so although this weekly communication will explain what we do every week in our class in my words, this is your forum as well. If you have ideas or suggestions, feel free to comment on these posts every week. You are the reason we are here and you matter the most!
We've added some new technology over the summer:
If you have an idea for a project that we could learn from, please comment below and share it. This blog belongs to all of us and many great ideas can come from all of us. I'm looking forward to a great year and amazing things that each one of you will be creating.
For this project you are required to create a brand logo for our program as a finished design. Below are the specifications:
Create three thumbnail designs and a mockup of how the design will be placed on the shirt.
The design must include the following:
· Commercial & Graphic Art
· TCHS Pickering
· Must be related to our field in some manner
The design can be created using Illustrator or Photoshop. If working in Photoshop, the resolution of your files must be at least 300 ppi. The finished design should be able to be used on uniforms and you are limited to the use of four colors in your design palette.
The following items need to be posted to your journal page by end of class on Thursday, June 12, 2014. This will give you both today and part of tomorrow to finish your design.
1. Scans of your thumbnails
2. Mock up of design on T-shirt photo
3. Finished jpg of your final designs.
4. A pdf file of your final designs
Please be sure to save ALL files related to this design, as we will be choosing one to be our uniform design for next year.
Our class had the opportunity to see a much larger scale operation today and our symbol project transformed again. It was a great experience and everyone represented our school well. I can't wait to see our students' finished panels (below this post) put together into a combined quilt. I'm proud to teach all of you and this project was a very strong finish to a great year. Our plan is to unveil the finished piece next September at a Back to School night. Below are some images from today.
The first prints are beginning to show up and they look really good. I'm impressed with the thought and care going into these. I'll add to this post as more are available.
I have been receiving lots of positive feedback on this year's edition. Great job everyone - it's one of our best. Below is note to us all: