- 103 - Demonstrate research and organizational skills.
- 503 - Demonstrate basic use of page layout software (e.g. Quark, InDesign).
- 504 - Demonstrate intermediate use of page layout software (e.g. Quark, InDesign).
- 511 - Demonstrate appropriate use of different file formats.
- 512 - Organize and manage digital files.
- 703 - Manipulate type through character and paragraph formatting.
- 704 - Choose and apply appropriate typeface.
This week we'll be continuing our work in Adobe InDesign. We'll be creating a calendar. You have a choice about which style of calendar you're going to create. You can do both if you're so inclined.
One format will utilize tabloid size (11 x 17) sheets folded in half to form a booklet. The other style is a desk calendar that utilizes a CD case type holder for display. You will need anywhere between 12 to 16 photos for your calendar. You can use your own artwork (suggested) or other images if you prefer. I would recommend creating some sort of theme for your calendar as it will help in creating a coherent feel to the piece.
We'll be adding holidays to our calendars and you can personalize it by adding birthdays and other significant dates. If you're a person that believes every day is a holiday, you might want to check out this site.
A folding dummy will be provided for you to create finished layouts for your booklet. Below are the setup windows for creating both styles of calendar.