I appreciate your feedback - so although this weekly communication will explain what we do every week in our class in my words, this is your forum as well. If you have ideas or suggestions, feel free to comment on these posts every week. You are the reason we are here and you matter the most!
We've added some new technology over the summer:
- New Mac Minis in our computer lab. The speed of these units are a huge improvement over what we used last year. Photoshop launches in about 20 seconds, Illustrator in about 40 seconds (that's really good!)
- Epson Stylus Pro 9000 Wide Format Inkjet Printer
- new readers for SD Memory Cards
- water-based inks for our screen printing area - similar to what we used on our world symbols quilt last year
- liquid acrylic paints with wider selection of color
- water-based airbrush inks
- variety of black ink and marker tools for creating analog graphics for screen printing
- new flash modification filters for our Canon Speedlite 580s
- designing and building our own kites - then we'll fly them!
- collaborating on the creation of mask hanging mobile installation in our lab
- studying how paper is made, making our own paper and then designing an artwork
If you have an idea for a project that we could learn from, please comment below and share it. This blog belongs to all of us and many great ideas can come from all of us. I'm looking forward to a great year and amazing things that each one of you will be creating.