Make sure you check this site every day for updates
When I was coming up through school the Peanuts creator was considered a genius by most people. I recently came across this piece by him:
1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America Contest.
4. Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade’s worth of World Series winners.
How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday. They are not second-rate achievers. They are the best in their fields. But the applause dies. Awards tarnish. Achievements are forgotten. Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.
Here’s another quiz. See how you do on this one:
1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2.. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special..
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.
The lesson: The people who make a difference in your life are NOT the ones with the most credentials, the most money, or the most awards. They are the ones who care.
Happy Holidays everyone!
I just found this wonderful site that recognizes young photographers and artists in a serious way. Check it out here:
The Nonsense Society: Young Photographers Series
I highly recommend that you look at how others present their work in their portfolios - not that you need to copy others work - but modeling presentation is a good skill to pick up. You may also wish to share your work with others on this site - let me know if you get published.
Mr. Tucker is in his 22nd year as the instructor for the Graphic Arts program. Prior to his teaching career he worked in the flexography industry for ten years and in quick printing for ten years.
PHYS. ED. DAY
AM - Thursdays - 1
PM - Thursdays - 7
PM - Mondays - 7