Lab Expectations –
- Treat each other with care and respect. Help one another.
- Treat equipment and supplies like they are valuable. Put them back in assigned areas.
- Clean up any area and tools so that others can use them as well.
- The last 10 minutes of class will be used for cleaning daily.
- You need a pass to leave the room. Use the bathroom pass log by signing out/in.
- Cell phones need to be put away during direct instruction. (first 40 minutes of class)
- If you wish to listen to music while working independently, keep one ear, earbud-free.
- Lockers are available just outside our lab – please use them for coats/bookbags
- Storage space for working projects will be available. Labels will be done this week.
If you need help during class we'll be using Classroom Q this year. If you get stuck on a project, please open Classroom Q and put in the classroom code: XP551O. This way everyone will get my attention fairly.
Sol Lewitt 50 Dots
- Work in a table group of 4-5 students (instructor will create groups)
- Cut large piece of paper
- One person starts by placing 10 dots on the paper using graphite pencil
- The next person continues by connecting those dots with straight lines using a ruler and pencil.
- The next person places 10 more dots on the paper OR connects the lines.
- Repeat steps 1-5 until you have 50 dots
- Add color - collectively come up with a color palette that you all agree on.
Suggestions for adding color to the work:
- Alcohol markers
- Colored Tissue applied with modpodge or paper adhesive