- The Fototime website has been a huge success, far exceeding our expectations.
- The photography skills of my students have increased because of the theme projects we worked on this past semester. The addition of a portrait studio with the green screen has been a great addition.
- The Gregory Heisler workshop has paid dividends in helping us recreating his inexpensive portrait lighting suggestions.
- We need to start laying out pages for this year’s yearbook. Several of you haven’t signed up for the pages you’ll be working on – you need to complete that by the end of this week or I will be assigning you pages to work on.
- You need to read this home page every Monday – it explains what projects we’ll be working on every week, what you are expected to submit for evaluation and discussion. I will give both classes the first ten minutes of class to read this so that you know what my expectations are every week.
Photo Challenge of the Week: This week’s photo challenge theme is work. You will be shooting images of people working. I’d like to see you capture fellow students in other CTE areas working on projects in their classes. Try to have these be candid shots that are not posed if possible. We need these shots for inclusion in our yearbook.
Design Challenge of the Week: This week we’ll be working on a few different skills in Photoshop including removing red eye, removing color cast and basic sharpening skills. We’ll be creating a study of this work with before/after shots that illustrate what these basic skills accomplish when applied to less-than-perfect photographs. The end product will be a Flash animation created in InDesign. A sample can be viewed here.
Production Work: Electronics t-shirts for TCHS, Hoodies for the Engine Technology Program at Pickering.