We'll continue working on image manipulation skills in Photoshop this week. If you missed days last week, you need to make up the basics we worked on last week. The list below has links to Atomic Learning videos for those of you that need a quick refresher. Practice images can be found in the file sharing section of our class page. Those skills from last week included:
- Straighten images using the ruler tool and rotate command in Photoshop and finishing with a crop.
- Remove red eye and fix blemishes in Photoshop
- Remove an unwanted object from a photograph
This week we'll be working on these skills:
- Remove a color cast from a photograph
- Adjust shadows and highlights in an image
- Correct images for exposure problems using adjustment layers
- Sharpening images in Photoshop
- Saving images for printing by converting the mode to CMYK and saving as a tiff file
We also hit the midway point of the third quarter this week. Those of you who have been neglecting to document the work you're doing still have time to bring up grades by doing complete journal entries for the remaining weeks. Make sure that you're adding images or screen captures of the work that you're writing about.